Various studies found that the Virus of Covid-19 can spread through the air and can survive easily for longer duration in lower temperatures. Then one question must come into your mind that, can we use ac during coronavirus pandemic? That’s why in the middle of Covid-19 Pandemic, advisory regarding the use of Air Conditioners in Homes and offices is circulated by the Indian Government to warn people about their consequences. After reading this advisory you will be aware of dos and don’ts while using the air conditioner in this period of Coronavirus pandemic.
After reading this article you will able to decide whether to use AC or not, at this time? The guidelines to address concerns associated with the spread of Covid-19 via air conditioners and ventilation systems are shared by the CPWD and are compiled by India Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air Conditioner Engineers (ISHRAE)
As we know that the Indoor air is more contaminated and dangerous than the outdoor air. Hence it is better to restrict the risk of infection by air is to ventilate the indoor environment with an outdoor environment. A study found that transmission of Coronavirus in 100 cities of china lower in high temperature and high humidity.
Also read, Best Air Purifiers in India
So based on some documents, here are some dos and don’ts to use the air conditioner in this Covid-19 period.
Here is what you need to do with your air conditioner this summer,
Table of Contents
1. Set room temperature between 24 and 30 degree Celsius.
2. Maintain the humidity between 40 to 70 per cent.
3. For dehumidification in humid climates set the temperature closer to 24 degrees Celsius.
4. The temperature should be 30 or closer to 30 degrees Celsius in dry climates and for the better air movement use the Fans.
5. for the recirculation of AC’s cool air in accompany with the outdoor air intake keep the windows slightly open or use exhaust.
1. Don’t allow the relative humidity to fall below 40 per cent. The water evaporating the pan kept in the room will increase humidity if it falls below 40 per cent.
2. Don’t close the room when AC is running keep windows slightly open so that the fresh air can come inside the room, in that way the room is well ventilated.
3. Don’t set the temperature too cool.
4. Use fans whenever it possible.
Stay Safe, Stay Home